General Assistance

The County General Assistance Program is a repayable program that helps indigent persons meet basic needs by providing vouchers for housing, utilities, personal needs and transportation. The program has four components: non-residents needing transportation to return to their place of residence; disabled people who need support until their Social Security benefits are awarded; people without jobs; and burial for the indigent.


How Do I Apply for General Assistance?

You may apply in person at your nearest El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency office.

Placerville Office
3057 Briw Road
Placerville, CA 95667
(530) 642-7300

South Lake Tahoe Office
3368 Sandy Way
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
(530) 573-3200

For a list of Social Services programs, please download the Social Services Division Brochure(PDF, 813KB) .