Who to Contact

Please select the appropriate department below to expand on the contact information.


Placerville: (530) 621-5719
South Lake Tahoe: (530) 573-3422


How we can help you:

  • Address Changes
  • Assessed Value
  • Assessee Name
  • Exclusions (Parent/Child, Grandparent/Grandchild, Proposition 60 [intracounty], Proposition 90 [intercounty], etc.)
  • Exemptions (Homeowner's, Disabled Veteran, etc.)
  • Location or Legal Description of Property
  • Personal Property


Placerville: (530) 621-5470, ext. 4


How we can help you:

  • Apportionment of Taxes
  • Assessed Value by Agency
  • Direct Charges (non-value related items)
  • Supplemental Tax Liability Calculations (including Supplemental Refund Checks)
  • Tax Liability Calculations (including changes)
  • Tax Sale Excess Proceeds Claim Form Processing
  • Tax Rate

Tax Collector

Placerville: (530) 621-5800
South Lake Tahoe: (530) 573-7955 x5800

Treasurer-Tax Collector

How we can help you:

  • Business License
  • Defaulted Tax Sale
  • Delinquent Tax Amounts Due
  • Method of Payment
  • Payment Plans
  • Senior Assistance/Postponement
  • Tax Amounts Due
  • Tax Sale Excess Proceeds List & Amounts Available
  • Transient Occupancy Taxes


Placerville: (530) 621-5490


How we can help you:

  • Affidavit Death of Joint Tenant
  • Decree of Distribution
  • Grant Deed
  • Mechanics Lien
  • Name Change
  • Notice of Location/Mining Claim
  • Notice of Reconveyance
  • Quit Claim
  • Re-record Deed
  • Recorded CC&Rs


Placerville: (530) 621-5440


How we can help you:

  • Boundary Line Adjustments
  • Parcel Maps
  • Subdivisions

Building Services

Placerville: (530) 621-5315
South Lake Tahoe: (530) 573-3330


How we can help you:

  • Building Codes
  • Building Inspections
  • Building Permits

California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD)

(800) 952-8356

How we can help you:

  • Mobile Home Transfers

California Taxpayers' Rights Advocate Office

(888) 324-2798


How we can help you:

  • General questions regarding your rights
  • Disagreements with the State Board of Equalization
  • Suggestions on how the State Board of Equalization can improve its services to the public, laws, policies, or procedures

California Property Tax Postponement Program

(800) 952-5661


How we can help you:

  • Postpones payment of property taxes under certain conditions

Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program