Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program

WIC is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new moms, babies and young children eat well and stay active. WIC is here to help your family get a healthy start.

What Does WIC Offer Families?

  • A WIC card to buy healthy foods such as milk, eggs, fruits and vegetables, juice, cheese, whole grain foods, cereal, dry beans, peanut butter, and more; WIC can also provide infant formula
  • Nutrition and health education for all ages and stages to help your family eat well and be active
  • Support and information on how to breastfeed your baby
  • Help finding health care and other services

Learn more on the California WIC "My Family" website!

Who Can Participate in WIC?

You may qualify if you...

  • Are pregnant
  • Are breastfeeding a baby under 1 year old
  • Had a baby within the last six months
  • Recently experienced a pregnancy loss or termination
  • Have children under 5 years old


Newly pregnant individuals and working families, including military and migrant families, are encouraged to apply! WIC welcomes dads, grandparents, foster parents, and legal guardians who care for eligible children.

Immigrants can access WIC without fear of immigration consequences.

Do I Qualify?

We Can Help

Give us a call and let's talk about WIC! We can answer your questions and get the process started. When you reach out, we can schedule an enrollment appointment and determine if you qualify. No application form needed! Walk-in or same-day appointments may be available.

Placerville Office
931 Spring Street
Placerville, CA 95667
Call us at (530) 621-6176

South Lake Tahoe Office
1360 Johnson Blvd., #103
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Call us at (530) 573-3491

Are you a resident of Alpine County and looking for WIC? Our South Lake Tahoe office is happy to serve you!

We also travel to Georgetown, El Dorado Hills, and Markleeville; give us a call for current schedule and location information.

Farmers' Market Nutrition Program: Approved Market Locations

Families who received WIC Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) benefits for the 2024 FMNP season can use their vouchers at the following farmers' markets in El Dorado County:

Western Slope

Cameron Park
Cameron Park CFM at Burke's Junction
Burke's Junction Parking Lot
3300 Coach Lane, Cameron Park, CA 95682
Wednesdays 8am to 12pm
May to October

El Dorado Hills
El Dorado Hills Sunday CFM
Town Center Blvd Behind Nibblers & Trek Bike
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 
Sundays 8am to 1pm
May to November
Garden Valley
People's Mountain Market
Corner of Marshall Grade & Garden Valley Rd
Garden Valley, CA 95633
Saturdays 9am to 12pm
May to October 
Main Street Farmers' Market
574 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667
Wednesdays from 5pm to Dusk
June to October
Marshall Hospital Farmers' Market
1100 Marshall Way, Placerville, CA 95667
Tuesdays 9am to 1pm
June to October
Placerville Certified Farmers' Market
345 Placerville Drive, Placerville, CA 95667
Saturdays 8am to 12pm
May to October 20th


South Lake Tahoe

American Legion South Lake Tahoe CFM
2748 South Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Tuesdays 8am to 1pm
June to October 15th 

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/ad-3027.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.